woensdag 13 januari 2010

Yesterday I desoldered +150 copper springs from the upper keyboard layer...
It took me 2 hours, but with some Vangelis music time passed very quickly.

Someone advised me to replace the caps of my power supply, and I also noticed my transfo is not in the best shape, it's all rusty and I'm a bit afraid it could short circuit in the future... I was also thinking about replacing it with a thoroid transfo instead of the classic metal plate design. A thoroid gives less flux and therefore less interference with surrounding components. The eminent has a lot of white noise, so it's worth a shot.


A fellow eminent owner created a blog, he will try to :
- separate the keyboard layers
- create some form of amplitude control over the sustain section

http://eminente310.blogspot.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten