woensdag 16 december 2009

Powering it on

I turned it on after a couple of weeks of being in my warm & cosy studio :p

Turning it on :

1- when turning on the switch I had this massive spike in audio output. (this is classic on vintage equipment), wonder how I could solve this.

2- It made all kinds of crackling noises + static when enabled... after 2-3 seconds the crackling noises disappeared though. How come ? ...

Not all the notes are working as suspected, the levers don't give good contact. The pedals have the same problem.


I notice a LOT of noise in the background, you don't hear this when you play though.
I'm not the electronics repair wizard I would like to be :-), any suggestions what might cause this would be appreciated !

What I have thought of :

- How they *designed* their amplifying part (opamp circuit design)
- carbon film resistors

I'll probably start by :

1- removing dust with my vacuum cleaner
2- cleaning the pcb's where the mice did their thing :p as well as removing a whole bunch of dead insects located on the pcb's ( now I know where the term "I have a bug in my computer" came from :p )
3- removing rust from the contacts

Questions :

- Someone told me caps could dry out after decaded... there's a lot of retro caps in there ;-) a lot of caps with those coloured ribbon patterns on it as well :p

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten